Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Life After Peace Corps

The 26-mile Training

I have been very discipline to train on my own for the upcoming annual CMCNY 26-mile hike. This past weekend, I carried a 30lb backpack and hiked 14 miles. Next weekend, I determine to hike 16-18 miles with the pack again. Carrying the heavy pack helps me to develop strong leg muscle, build endurance and tolerate the physical pain.

Yet I have to admit, without a friend like HY, Sandy and Mr. Chen to talk to, training on my own can be quite lonesome. Luckily I met a new friend recently. This new acquaintance is handsome and full of energy. He accompanies me every weekend, rain or snow, cold or hot. He usually is cool and calm, but when he is
confined, he becomes very agitated. His body trembles and his voice quivers, but I love this side of him as well.

I feel like I know him all my life......I look forward to seeing him more....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a test