Saturday, March 03, 2012

Life After Peace Corps


March 3, 2012

My Plant and I

Since I move to Virginia, my plants have not been doing well, especially my night blooming cereus. They just stop growing. I can tell they are confused with their new environment. I guess they miss the enormous window that used to give them endless sunlight. Perhaps they are protecting to me as why I have to drag them hundreds of miles away from their friends - the annoying Rego Park pigeons, and why in the world they have to put up with the dry air constantly coming out from that antique thing (heater) right next to them. My plants are my best friend now (sad to admit) so when they are not happy, I am miserable as well.

I try everything to cheer them up. I remove all the window curtains to allow maximum amount of sunlight comes through. I put extra fertilizer to the soil, I talked to my plants more often than ever, I massage their fragile leave and I pray every night to God, please let them return to their normal, cheerful selves again, but in vain, they remain as lifeless as 1st day since I move to this new apartment.

How can I help them to live again?

No comments: