Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Contentment I found in Backpacking





After the Cummings Mesa hike, I begin to realize why this trip is rated 4 out of 5 stars. Every night after reaching camp, I cannot wait to get off my pack that has tortured me, rush to take a canyon bath to relax my stiff and sore muscles.  Later at camp, I have an almost insatiable appetite.  Once I crawl inside my tent, I appreciate the luxury of lying down.  My extreme fatigue soon yields to the quiet and rest of my sleeping pad, engendering a drowsiness that proved irresistible.   My mind drifts on until at last I succumb to drowsiness.   These experiences, I discover are giving me unexplainable delights. 

For the past 10 years, I have trained myself to a point where the outdoor life is not too much for my strength.  I can walk on difficult terrain, hike miles without stopping, sleep on hard floor and bath in creek, sit on rock, eat simple foods, and tolerate scorching sun, freezing wind or pouring rain.  In exchange, I see beauties, taste freedom and solitude, experience life that was rustic and simple but yet, happy and satisfactory.

This trip has given me the same sensation.  Every morning, I am energized by the morning call, the sweet melody of Richard’s flute playing.  Magically, fatigue vanishes, strength resumes, and smile appears on my sleepy face again.   I look forward to a new adventure lies ahead, just live and enjoy every day as much as possible.   I forget about the outside world.  It does not exist; all my existence is this beautiful wilderness. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very useful tips, packing is always very important one whenever you are going to travel. This tips will be very helpful for packing your stuffs. Thanks for sharing this here with us Online Travel Agencies