Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Life in Azerbaijan - Commitment


July 14, 2010

“There are two rules in life:
never count the cost &
never do anything unless you can do it wholeheartedly….”

I believe in this immensely! It is all about commitment. When we agree to perform a task, how dedicated we are to get the job done. When we consent to exchange a vow, how devoted we are to keep those words alive. Much to my surprise, nowadays there are not many people truly recognize the important of a commitment, or appreciate the essence of a pledge. Seeing the increasing ET (early termination) rate of AZ7 and also hearing distressed news about our love one back home breaking promise with us, I can not help but falling into despair. Are we all losing our value?

The giant pines outside my apartment window are radiant in the evening glow. The sun is sinking behind a saffron cloud. An elderly couple with their hands clinging to each other slowly walks towards the sunset.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doing every task wholeheartly is laborious but seeing your effort come to fruit is immensely satisfying. No need to despair. Many people still believe in it, including myself.

-Jim