Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Life in Azerbaijan - Building a Little Dream


We are planning to buy the little house on the island, a small little house just big enough for both of us to retire there. Fifteen or twenty years from now, that place will be our get away place, away from the daily hassle and bustle city life.

I will have my flowers and bamboo grow by the balcony. Every morning, we will enjoy our breakfast right next to the bamboo tree, watch the sun comes out behind the mountain. Before the sun gets too hot, we will go to the harbour and purchase the fisherman’s daily catch, afterward, fetch some farm-grown vegetables from our neighbour, kill a capon chicken and make ready for a simple healthy dinner.

Skipping a nap, I will take a long walk around the island; the flesh ocean breeze will do my body good. Time permits, I will explore the little cave by the shore. Perhaps I will discover some hidden treasure left behind by the infamous pirate mentioned in the legend. Maybe more apt, I will visit the little ancient temple by the hill, wish for a happiness, prosperity and good health for both of us.

Before the sun loses its final colour, I return home with some wild flowers to decorate the table. If by any chance, a friend stops by for a visit, I will open a bottle of my favourite red wine and share with him/her the darkest secret of the night.

I am longing for that day to come. We shall care for each other, travel to our final journey and disappear into the night.

Let the past be the past, I finally understood….

No comments: