Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Life After Peace Corps - My New Home


January 11, 2012

Since I moved to the United States more than twenty years ago, I had called nowhere else but New York my home. It was in New York where I built my career, developed many beautiful friendships, fell in love, and found a cozy home. I walked nearly every street in New York City, knew the best Chinese restaurant in midtown Manhattan, hung out on many trendy clubs in the lower Eastside, and of course, witnessed crimes that scared me to death. New York is a like an old blanket to me, it has been an integral part of my adult life. But starting February 2012, Virginia will be my new home.

Who does not have the fear of the unknown? the uncertainty of what lies ahead. What my life will be in DC? Will I be lonely? As I watch the Manhattan skylines silhouetted against the crimson evening sky, cannot help but praying for my future.

I will miss New York, but I will learn to love Virginia.

No comments: