Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Life in Azerbaijan - Best Spaghetti Sauce

April 26, 2010
The vegetables sold in the local market are very fresh and good quality. They are all organic! The tomato tastes like a tomato, cucumber tastes like a real cucumber. For a vegetable lover like me, it is truly a heaven to shop in the bazaar! I got very excited when I saw all the red, ripen and shinny tomato in the bazaar today. The price has gone down from 2 azn to 1.5 azn a kilo, so I bought a kilo to make spaghetti source.

I put lots of garlic, onion, hot pepper and sweet carrot inside a big pot; simmered it for two hours with low heat. After two hours, my apartment smelled like an Italian restaurant and the source turned out to be absolutely fantastic! The tomatoes had melted into small chunky pieces; they smiled back at me when I looked down to the pot. The source tasted superb, just wonderful! Oh, I am turning into a good cook. Cannot wait to cook “J” a good meal.

No comments: