Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Life in Azerbaijan - Strong is Beautiful


September 12, 2011

I was watching the US Open on Azeri TV. It was the final match and Stosur from Australia won the championship. As I looked at both players: Williams and Stosur, I could not help but noticing physically how strong both of them are. Their arms and legs are muscular, tanned and with athletic curvature. Maybe according to the Hollywood standard, they are not feminine enough to be called beautiful. To me, they are striking, eye-catching, stunning.

I have always admired athletes: sportsmen, dancers, runner, and mountaineers. How discipline they train every day in order to achieve most human beings cannot accomplish, how determine they are in order to win the competition. They are mentally and physically powerful, have strong will and restraint. To me, they are exceptional human beings.

Most my friends in New York my age are either over-weighted or completely out of shape. Their muscle is drooping everywhere with floppy stomach, sagging bottom and wilting figure. Numerous times, I advised them to take good care of their bodies, do moderate exercise; tune up their muscle, and to be physically and mentally healthy. Middle age women do not have to grow old like a piece of “SHIT”. With daily exercise, we can look as well as younger women. We should all grow old with grace and dignity. Unfortunately, my friends’ altitude is “Why bother, men don’t even look at me any more”. I got frustrated every time I heard this. Why we continue to allow men defining us?

We all should insist on having a quality life; a healthy, independent, productive, and happy one. Human life span is very short and I wish I could live a hundred, two hundred or a thousand years longer and experience more of what life has to offer. Unfortunately, I could not so I must live every second of my life to the fullest. In order to do that, I have to be emotionally and physically energetic, this drives me to go out everyday; run, walk, climb, jump, smile, and be active.

After a prolonged rain, the sun finally came out yesterday. I watched the sun peered through dark clouds, suddenly it came into full view on the horizon, hitting the earth like thunder! Life is beautiful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Health is a universal desire of human beings.
Our existence in this world can be likened to a dream. The issue of the greatest importance and eternal relevance is how we face death, the inescapable destiny of all living beings. For in the face of death, external factors such as social status or position in the organization count for naught. Everything,depends on one's state of life.
Since you healthy and energetic, in your future life,How can you create the greatest value in the short span of a lifetime?
Please enjoy the rest of life in old age.