Monday, January 11, 2010

My Life in Azerbaijan - Hi Gloria

January 10, 2010
My friend Gloria surprised me today. I got a phone call from her. She wanted to call me for a long time. I did not want her to spend so much money, so I never gave her my number. Somehow, she got it from someone, (who would that be?) and called me anyway. Cox Sagol, Gloria! (Thank you very much)

The connection was not so good. After a minute or so, we got disconnected. I was depressed before she called, and after talking to her, I felt much better. So, here it is: 011-994-50787-0174, anyone wants to make me happy.

There are many problems that cause my unhappiness here. Those problems are mainly related to my host family. Peace Corps discourages us to write any bad things about Azerbaijan, including our organization; our host family or anything bad about our host country. Last week I was so angry with “the situation” that I nearly wanted to move out regardless what Peace Corps will do. Then, I calmed down, bit my lips and moved on.

I really cannot wait to live on my own, but with the allowance I receive from Peace Corps (226 AZN per month) I do not know how I can manage to move out. The rent alone costs between 130-250 AZN a month. For now, all I can do is to pray every night, asking God to help me.

No comments: