Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Life in Azerbaijan - I Feel Great!

January 28, 2010
For the first time since I arrived in Azerbaijan, I feel great! It has been a terrible month for me. The flu, the accident, the trouble with my host sister and the cold weather, all these made me so depressed for the past few weeks, but today, I am really feeling wonderful.

Well, let me see why? First, today I received an e-mail from the Vice Chairman of the bank. “Chi, great job!” He is happy with my work. Second, my room is nice and warm since I got the antique heater from my host mother. Third, I received two packages in one week; one of them is from “J”. His package is the biggest and heaviest one so far, and forth, my sister sent me some Chinese DVDs, I have been watching them these past two days. Finally, when I looked at the mirror, I like the reflection of my face, it is healthy and glowing.

I think washing my face with the cold water helps. Every evening before I go to bed, I brush my teeth and wash my face with the icy cold water. There is no hot water in the bathroom. The gas runs low during the peak evening hour, so I have been cleaning and washing with the freezing cold water from the tap. At first, it was painful. Both my hands and face turned to red and stiff. After a few days, I get used to it. I even start to like the feeling on my face after the wash. Maybe my altitude has changed; I turned the negative to positive so my life seems to be getting better and easier each day. Actually this week went by so fast. Before I realize it, it is already Friday.

I do not know how long this good feeling will last, but I am going to keep my chin up. Two years can be a long time or it can be a short one. It really depends on how you spend the time. I am beginning to learn how to pass my time here with a cheerful spirit. I think these two years will fly by very fast.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are feeling happy there. Remember life is too short to be miserable. Wish you best of luck, health and happiness. Let me know if you need anything else here.

Chi S. (Tiffany) Chan said...

Thanks Koti. All I need is you keep reading my blog.

Let us have a reunion and backpack again when I am back.