Tuesday, January 26, 2010

MY Life in Azerbaijan - Packages from Home

January 26, 2010

As of today, I received total eight packages from my friends and family. Even Peace Corps noticed that Chi Chan has lots of mail lately. Peace Corps office is not happy about it, because each package costs them 1.2 AZN (US$1.5). Yes, even you already paid the postage, when your package gets to my town; I still have to pay more postage. The extra postage I pay does not go to the post office, but somewhere else. You will figure that out, I cannot say or write anything about it.

Anyway, I just want to thank you for taking the time, effort and money to shop, to pack, to pay and to mail me the package. Each box costs a fortune (at least US$58) just for the postage. So, friends, you are my dear dear pal, and I cannot thank you enough. When I go back to the States, I will take you all to dinner.

Tim & Joanne: I enjoy drinking the instant coffee every morning
Linda: my co-workers in the bank love the banana snacks
Sister: I enjoy watching the HK DVDs and the “ugly” sweaters keep me warm at night
Wade & Sunny: the dried vegetables and sweets are just great
HY & Su: the little packages are perfect
“J” – I smile the whole day seeing your package.

A friend in need is a friend in deed. You are my true true friends! Thanks a millions.

No comments: