Saturday, December 05, 2009

My Life in Azerbaijan - Goodbye to our Teacher

December 4, 2009
Today is our last language lesson, and our teacher cut the lesson short. She bought us cookies, drinks, and many snacks. We all love her and she has been a wonderful host representing Azerbaijan. Peace Corps did a good job hiring the most competence instructor for us. After today, she will return to her home or maybe leave for Turkey hoping to find a better job there. We all promise to pay her a visit if she decides to stay in Turkey. I told her, if she ever comes to New York City, she is definitely welcome to stay with me. I will return the same hospitability to her as she has given me here.

Only five more days left, then I will say goodbye to Vivian and other Peace Corps Volunteers. They will be leaving for their permanent sites and some of us may never see each other again. Two months together, we have built our friendship and Vivian and I are inseparable everyday. I really do not know what to do without her. I know I will be lost (literally) without her. Vivian was joking with me and told me that I could give her a call anytime, and she would give me an instruction how to find my way home… and then she cried AGAIN!

I went home, hide myself under my blanket and cried…

No comments: